Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Photo-a-day, Round Two

And now, one of my "resolutions".

Some of you may remember when I tried a Project 365 in 2010, taking a photo every day for a year. Some of you might remember last year, when I tried to do a community Project 52, taking one photo every week for a year. Some of you might remember how those didn't make it very far.

Well, this year, I have a project that I plan to complete. I think my problem for the other two was that I set super-high standards for myself. I never wanted it to be a point-and-shoot photo; it could only be a photo from my DSLR. It had to be expertly edited, and, simply put, perfect. I was just setting myself up for failure.

This year, I will take a photo every day, and try to post them just as often - but they'll mostly likely always be from my iPhone. The handy-dandy iPhone 4S has a fantastic point-and-shoot inside, and I've taken 500 photos in less than three months. I want to share those with you. I decided to do a separate blog, which you can see here. That frees me up here to still do the occasional musing about whatever comes to me.

I still love photography, and I still love to take pictures with my DSLR. My goals still include becoming a better photographer, and maybe one day shooting weddings/babies/portraits. Right now, though, my DSLR is in need of some repair [as in won't turn on], so my iPhone will have to do. In a way, I think of this as a warm up. One day I will accomplish a Project 365, or at least a Project 52, with some amazing non-iPhone shots. But for now, I am happy with this goal.

I'm excited, a year from now, to look back at the changes this year will have brought. This is one simple, no-pressure, and far-from-perfect way for me to do that.

Simply a Day at a Time: http://simplydayatatime.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Ah, I was just thinking about project 52. I'm so sorry I failed. But you can do it this year, I believe in you!

PS: You're totally in the middle in that photo below right. And your sisters are on your sides?

matt said...

I love this! the iphoto-a-day site looks great.