Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lord have mercy on me.

Today, more than ever, I realize how much I need your grace.

After a [supposedly] enlightening semester at Wheaton-in-Chicago, a year+ living in the city, and endless, endless thinking and pondering about it...

I still judge people. I still stereotype people, judge people, form prejudices against people, without even realizing it. I think that's the worst part - I do it instinctively. I guess I thought that by this time in my life, after a year in the city, after studying racial reconciliation and listening to public radio every day and reading blogs about justice and having so many friends working in justice [and feeling guilty that I do not] - that I would have learned how to approach everyone with that perfect, Christian, color-blind, non-judgmental attitude.

Alas, I am not perfect, I am human...and I need Christ.

No comments: