Monday, July 25, 2011

When You're Gone So Long the Landscape Has Changed

It's been so long that I've posted that I had no idea how radically different the posting mechanism for Blogger has changed.

I also didn't find out today about a) Amy Winehouse's death, and in the same vein but maybe a little more important to know b) Norway.

That means that either I've been successful in staying away from the internet, I've been too busy to post, or I'm just lazy. I'd like to vote for option #1, but I think it's probably a combination of all three.

I have been especially busy because...we are moving! Yep - we are moving on Thursday. That's t-minus four days, three nights. Well, at this point, more like three days, three nights. So right now our apartment is full of boxes. It makes me feel a little bit like this:


Via.

I think we're pretty far along in our packing - the big thing left is the K-I-T-C-H-E-N. But, with four of us, it should go very smoothly. *Let's hope.* So that on Thursday we can end up like this:



I plan on being more diligent in my postings after we move. I have grand plans for redecorations, projects, new neighborhood explorations, etc. That, and my father chastised me for not updating. When your parents complain, then you know it's a problem.

In the meantime, here's some shots from my trip to Cape Cod this summer.

My parents are so cute.

And we are really pale.

I love this one. It just cracks me up.

Nantucket Nectars on Nantucket! Oh, the irony. (This is my sister, Susan, by the way. Not me).

Nantucket. I want this.

Sailing lesson in our backyard.

The very stripedy fam.

The whole shebang.

I miss the cape. This is Nantucket.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

love your family pictures! i told ashley that i'd come over to help clean once all the boxes are gone this weekend, because ... let's face it ... i'm desperate for more opportunities to clean!