Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Winter Wonderland

This weekend it snowed something awful. But it was full of parties and coziness and [work].

Company party on Friday = field museum, ice sculptures, meeting the CEO, and all-around general merriment.

Winthrop party on Saturday [day] = Love Actually (my favorite Christmas movie! okay, maybe not favorite,  but pretty darn good) and
[night] = more merriment and festivities with people I love.

Sunday = snow, snow, snow and snow. And my last babysitting with Ian for a while. It was cozy though, and their neighborhood [Portage Park] always makes me think of the '70s. I think it's the bungalows.

I'm going to miss them, and their cats. But at 24 years old, I think it's time to put away that proverbial babysitting box o'fun for a while, and learn to be a grown-up with a grown-up job and [free] weekends.

Minus the weekends where I can get a little bonus! by doing extra work amidst the snow and a cozy, foggy, mocha-y kitchen sink.


This week: reading Tropic of Cancer by Henry Miller. It's...interesting. Something I probably shouldn't read on the bus in public. TBD if I decide it's something I shouldn't be reading at all.

And....the Holiday Train!!! Wednesday and Friday on the Red Line from 3-8. Santa, here I come.

No comments: