Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bittersweet

T-minus 1 working day until I leave officially leave Naper Settlement, no longer to be a Museum Educator.

Wow, I think I just cried a little bit.

It hasn't sunk in yet; and I don't know that it will until a few weeks into my new job at Groupon, when I realize that I'm actually not just taking a little job vacation, only to come running back to those lovely 12+ acres in the heart of downtown Naperville.

Nope, that's definitely not going to happen. And I know it's the right thing. This new job really is an answer to prayer - more $$, closer to my home [i.e. lower blood pressure], room to move up, benefits, etc. My head knows all the logical and sensible reasons why leaving should have been a very easy decision. My heart is a different story. Bear with me for a moment as I share with you snippets of what I'm going to miss dearly at this quaint little place that is Naper Settlement.

1. The scenery.



2. The history.




3. The weird-o stuff we have to do that falls under "other duties as assigned."







4. The food. Oh, the food.

5. The public, and the weird things they say.

This list could go on and on, but most importantly I will miss -

6. The people. 





1 comment:

Taylor said...

now i'm getting all sad looking at this. but it's okay Ashley, i know your new job is going to be a huge blessing. you might always miss Naper, but i really think you're going to love everything that comes with this new job.