Tuesday, September 21, 2010

there are blogs for everything!

including running! Yep, sorry folks, you're going to hear about it again. You'll just have to accept the fact that I am a changed woman and I'm going to write about one of the very important changes in my life that is here to stay: running. If you don't like it, then too bad!

Just kidding, don't hate me - I get bored talking about it sometimes too. [Okay, that's not true, but I can imagine it gets boring.] I promise I'll come up with something different to talk about really really soon [like a possible dance class?!?!]. But for now -

Today I ran for the first time since the half. The first oh, mile was terrible on my knees and ankles. I'm pretty sure I was cringing with everysinglestep. And it was about to thunderstorm so I was kind of running rather fast in order to avoid being struck by lightning. [A worthy goal, I must say]. I thought to myself, oh goodness gracious I've begun again too soon. But I knew that if I didn't start running again I would let it go by the wayside like I have so many other things in my life. That, and my caloric intake increased significantly during my training, and hasn't really subsided...and I'm not going to eat less so the next obvious solution is to just keep running.

And it was fine by the end. A short run today: two miles. But it's a start!

And I found this great running blog. It's just like every other social media thing out there, of course, but you can ENCOURAGE your friends, and log and track your miles. If any of you are training for anything exciting soon [biking, swimming, what have you!] then check it out.

Okay, that's all for now...ps GLEE is back!

No comments: