Thursday, August 2, 2007

the Holiday

It's quite late and I'm emotional.

I just watched The Holiday and it's probably one of my top ten movies of all time. (Okay, that's definitely an overstatement, but really I could never even POSSIBLY pick a top 10. The point is: I was thoroughly and emotionally involved = A+.)

1) The characters involved fall in TRUE love. Okay, maybe with Cameron Diaz and Jude Law there's a bit of the lust involved, but with Jude Law when could there NOT be lust involved... ha.

2) There's an elderly man whom Iris befriends and who finally gets the recognition he deserves. Oh I get teary-eyed thinking about it.

3) It's CHRISTMAS time, and there's snow and Christmas music. Plus Jude Law.

Honestly, a fabulous movie.

So I've come to the conclusion that while I love summer for the heat and the beach and the pool and all that jazz, I love Christmas and winter much much more than summer. I would trade the beach for snow and a fireplace and hot cocoa with Christmas lights and Christmas music and stockings and Christmas cookies any day.

I almost got a LITTLE carried away there.

Is it sad that I wish it was Christmas already and it's only August?

Please say no.

No comments: