Wednesday, August 1, 2007

the "Ashleys"

First, I would like to point out how CRAZY it is that it is already AUGUST! And, incredibly enough, August 2007!! I feel old every day. I tell that to my mom and she says, "What does that make me?" I suppose when you are 50 then 20 really seems quite young. And I know I have a long life ahead of me (God willing) but seriously, time is really flying and I don't know how I feel about it, really. Susan will be in high school and I remember when she was a young thing. I remember when she was BORN, for goodness sakes. And when Victoria was still in elementary school. When she had her first middle school boyfriend. (Hahahahaha oh Eugene....) Those were the days, seriously. Now I only have two more years in college, one more summer until graduation... Honestly I am way too nostalgic for my own good.

Have you ever noticed that on every TV show where there are "mean girls" (and by every I mean the kids TV shows that I watch frequently in the summer....) they are named Ashley? There's "Ashleys" on Recess, and on Hannah Montana one of the mean girls is also named Ashley. There have been numerous other instances of the same kind but unfortunately I can't think of them right now. I just wonder why this happens SO OFTEN. The worst really is Recess, where the WHOLE PACK of mean girls is named Ashley. It does a name so much damage and gives it such a stigma to have the mean group be "the Ashleys."

Luckily, nobody thinks of me like that. I can only hope.

1 comment:

ashley said...

I know what you mean! It's all cyclical, though ... So it's only a matter of time before our namesake recovers.