Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Melancholy

Rosie Thomas and her lyrics have meant a lot to me over the last few years. I can resonate with almost every single one of her songs - and she has a beautiful voice. Not to mention, she's adorable. [And she did compliment me on my candle set-up...]

It's true that sometimes her lyrics can tend to be a little melancholy, a little too self-reflective for every day life. If anyone is good at analyzing her life and applying it to everysinglesong, it's me. That being said -

sometimes being melancholy is exactly what we feel. And need to feel. Because until I accept whatever it is that makes me feel that way, regardless of whether I should let it "get to me" or not, I won't ever be able to let it go.

-----

I can't, I can't stop crying
Everyday I'm so afraid
Afraid of dying
Death already came and got me
Cause I'm not living...
I'm not living anyway...

And who am I supposed to be?
Everybody seems to see except for me
Who cares anyway....
Cause when it's over,
It's all over, and what you gain you throw away

When will love ever find me?
All my life all I've craved is to be seen
Who cares anyway...
Cause when it's over,
All that matters is the love you gave away.

-Rosie Thomas

No comments: