Thursday, October 16, 2008

Autumn is here = Christmas is Coming!

I love fall, I really do. I look forward to brisk autumn days which mean layers and the introduction of new fall clothes to replace the exhausted summer wardrobe. I love the crunch of fallen leaves on the sidewalk and the reds, oranges, browns and yellows of the changing trees. I love the color of pumpkins, and the taste of pumpkin pie, especially when it follow turkey and mashed potatoes and stuffing and all the other trappings of a "truly American" Thanksgiving dinner. (Just like the pilgrims had it, of course!)

No October would be complete without these glorious tastes of fall.

But really, when fall is here, I get excited because that means that Christmas is almost here, and every day is a step closer to when I can start playing Christmas music (after Halloween... too soon?) and put up my Christmas tree.

Really, autumn is my pre-Christmas season season. And I love it. And I'm so excited to go ice skating and see Santa and Christmas lights and the National Christmas Tree and make Christmas cookies and eat gingerbread and see snow and smell cinnamon and burn Christmas candles and all of the wonderful glorious things that are my Christmas season.

No comments: